Phubbing, short form of Phone Snubbing – The act of ignoring someone by looking at your phone instead of paying attention.
Since the invention of smartphones, people have shown increasingly poor social behavioural skills. People texting, tweeting, emailing and facebooking, all from their phones while in the presence of others.
Bad effects of Phubbing :-
- Due to Phubbing face to face relationship is getting over.
- Personal Communication is getting eradicated and phone is used as the medium to say something.
- Partners are seen sitting in silence doing something on their phones rather than talking with each other.
Symptoms of one being a Phubber :-
- Making frequent status updates on facebook
- Always texting continuously via SMS or whatsapp
- Always laughing looking at the phone screen
- Constantly tweeting
- Updating location on Foursquare
- And not the least sexting too.
Don’t you think day by day number of Phubbers are increasing in our society. One can find a Phubber in trains, restaurants, pubs, cinema halls, parks, airports, in the streets, social functions, meetings, lectures, parties and the list is endless.
You will never find them within the crowd. They always prefer to be sitting alone. A Phubber is never attentive to what other is saying or rather is only paying attention in his/her phone. Phubber is so much use to his /her phone that it has become a necessity in life. Phubber will never know or realise when they can and cannot use their phone.
Just a cautious note to Phubbers to never use your phone :-
- During a job interview
- On a date
- At a wedding
- While having conversation with anyone
Phubbing is spreading like a contagious disease across the world. Global campaigns have started to stop this phone snubbing and its fast gathering support across the globe.