As per me there are 2 types of investments that one has to make in life – one, which your financial advisor guides you to invest in to secure your old age and the second, which no one mentions or rather you hardly hear about it.
I am not a financial advisor so forget the first type of investment, I firmly believe in the second type of investment which is Invest in YOURSELF. I came across this phrase as I was searching something for work, “if you want to invest in something with minimum risk and a guaranteed big return, invest in yourself”
We spend majority of our time working in an organization; but we do not spend enough time Thinking and Planning for ourselves, for our personal growth, for what we need to INVEST in our self. Investing in our self is one of the best returns on investments one can have. It helps one to think and focus on what really matters to us, which would improve the quality of our life. And the best thing is it doesn’t require much money.
Here are a few investments I do which helps me and hopefully can be helpful to you:-
- Invest in Reading: According to a research, reading just 6 minutes or 10 pages a day can help one reduce stress levels by 68%. Reading is an awesome way to gain knowledge because books give you the power to explore new things and belief in oneself.
- Invest in Writing: If you are writing or replying to emails, messages (be it on any social media platform), then you have a writer within you. Try maintaining a journal or try writing something daily. If not daily, then atleast periodically. Writing helps to enhance communication skills and helps to become a better thinker. You can read my blog on “Why do I Write”
- Invest in Genuine connections: Genuine people will always be helpful in your life. These are the bunch of people who will always stand by you at any time irrespective of anything. It’s very important to identify and maintain genuine relationships, you will surely get wonderful returns against this investment.
- Invest in Kindness: Kindness does not mean saying yes to everyone. Kindness means understanding others, helping others and being concerned for others genuinely without any ulterior motives. I have been helped by many people from whom I have never expected anything in my life and in return I am trying my best to be of help to others whenever and in whatever way I can. Again, kindness must be without any expectation of reward or returns. My way of Joy of giving and Helping hand to a child.
- Invest in Positivity: Our thoughts make us to do things. Each thought of ours shapes us and makes us act accordingly. No matter how bad a situation you are in always feel grateful that you are not in the worst of situations. Gratitude helps our thoughts to change, look at things in a better way and it ultimately helps to change our actions. We cannot have control over what happens to us but we can control our reactions and what we choose to focus on.
- Invest in making a To-Do list or a Wish list: If you do not have a to-do or a wish list then make one now itself. Just write the things you want to do in your life no matter how small or big these things are. It will help to motivate you in the right direction and something to look forward to.
- Invest in Fitness: Health is the only real wealth you have. If you invest in your health, you are free of all diseases. Almost all of them can be avoided with a little change in your lifestyle. If you invest only 30 minutes of your time daily performing any type of exercise you will get amazing rewards of it in the future. My way of staying fit.
Well these are a few of my investment tips from the new guruji on the block 😉. I hope they are of as much use to you as it is and has made a lot of difference in my life personally.