The recent controversies which took place for the AIB knockout – roast video after going live on youtube on 28th January and with almost 8 million views has grabbed unexpected hype. There has been lots of discussion on whether the show which was full of filthy language was legitimate or not.
Here is my personal take on it:-
- You are driving car and you are hit by another car from behind and you start giving *beep* *beep* words.
- You are studying in medical college and your professor who is a Doctor demonstrating private parts of human being along with F*** word used more frequently.
- You are watching Comedy circus or The Great Indian laughter challenge shows on television and you are forced to see sexiest, racist and gender insensitive comedy along with your parents sitting next to you.
- A girl walking on the street and has been eve-teased by guys who is greeted with cheapest vulgar words and passers-by enjoy hearing it.
- You are standing with group of your friends and especially all male friends then automatically words like Ma@#$%, Ben@#$% spills from the mouth.
- You have groups in Whatsapp specially for sharing all types of adult jokes and dirty cartoons and you enjoy it on daily basis.
These are the few examples which are part of our life and we readily have accepted it. We are used to hearing such languages on every nook and corner. Then why is this AIB knockout show issue overblown. We all have freedom of speech and we all can easily decide on what is right and what is wrong for us. The show was a closed room and limited to public. Those who wanted to watch it had to buy passes. So no one was forced to go and watch it. Moreover I think all such vulgar stuff was already flourishing in our society much before AIB came out with it. It is just that now it is more of public then private.
I believe that AIB come out with the show on youtube as there were no other options to show it anywhere. And not to forget that AIB had put a warning message to the viewers about the adult content of the video and if one feels the content is outrageous and outright category then you have an option to close your browser immediately.
Well, I feel there is nothing wrong of the AIB knockout roast show. Our bollywood industry can produce films like Gangs of Wasseypur, Delly Belly and Grand Masti with full of abuses and adult jokes. Even television soaps like comedy circus shows so many desperate scenes of an unmarried middle age woman. So what is the harm if few celebrities decided to be a participant of a stand up comedy show in a closed audience and that too they themselves being roasted in the show. I don’t feel that this AIB show has spread any harm to our society. Well, there are so many other important issues which need immediate attention instead of making a mountain out of a molehill.
Please do drop in your views about all this fuss on AIB knockout.