The day I stopped using Whatsapp I had decided to not use it for sometime (time frame is not yet decided). At the time of writing this post I am still not on Whatsapp. Now you all must be wondering how am I feeling and how can I stay without chatting? As I am very well known as a chatter box within my friends and even many in family. Even my better half thinks the same about me. And frankly I always have taken this as a compliment from all of you.
The day I removed the app from my mobile I was in the high note that I will not chat, so that day I managed without it. Next day early morning when I got up first thing I took my mobile to check for any messages (addiction) and I was shocked to see not a single message in my notification centre. Then after couple of minutes I realized that I had removed Whatsapp the earlier day. The following full day I frequently checked my mobile for any new message. Even when my colleagues mobiles were received new message notification (because of the same model mobile and same ring tone) I was thinking I got a new message and I would reach for my mobile, so just imagine how much addictive Whatsapp is!!!
When I was in Whatsapp:-
• I was updated with the status of the others like latest DP or Profile Pic
• One very good feature of Whatsapp is ‘Groups’ where in I was glued with so many people at the go.
• I use to get all the latest happenings around the world since my friend circle is global.
• Jokes, ‘shayaris’, gossips, and I was been updated about everything happening around me.
• I am part of almost 15 groups, thus so many people to communicate instantly.
Now since I m not using Whatsapp :-
• My mobile does not beep every minute. (the number of messages in a day use to be anywhere between 1300-1500 and we have only 1440 minutes in a day).
• Mobile battery life lasts longer and I just have to charge only once versus 3 times when I was using Whatsapp.
• I am getting Peace of mind because no more fights or arguments with anyone.
• I am able to get sound sleep versus I use to get up in the middle of the night to check messages and couldn’t overcome the urge to reply quickly.
• I am missing all the latest updates, jokes and yes ofcourse missing all the people whom I regularly was chatting day in and out.
Many of my friends and relatives have asked me as to why am I out of Whatsapp and I had to dodge all of them with some excuse. Frankly I cannot restrict myself from chatting and can’t stay away from my friends and had started using other medium like SMS, FB chat, Viber, iMessage, Wechat to stay in touch with them. As days are passing by I am getting better and better in ways of giving up my habit of chatting. One of my close friend tells me many times “Hemang if you can manage to stay without one particular thing for only 21 days then you can have control on that thing anytime in your life”. This advice is proving it right and am very much thankful to my friend.
But all in all I am missing the fun and few of my ‘chat’ buddies who always use to give me company chatting anytime, day or night. Hope to see you all on Whatsapp, maybe sooner or later!!!
This post is dedicated to one of my special friend….